Friday, July 22, 2011

One week to go

I'm starting to get a little nervous now.  Phillip and I went grocery shopping today, and while we were there, I picked up several types of soup for me to eat after the surgery.  It hit me right there in the soup aisle that it was just a week away, and I got butterflies in my stomach.

Again today, I have used my hand mirror to stare at my profile in the bathroom mirror three or four times.  I am still sure I want to have the tip of my nose reduced a little, as well as removing the hump, but then that also started to scare me a little.  It seems like the tip of my nose could be more easily messed up, so maybe he should just shave the bump down and leave my cartilage alone.  But then I think about how disappointed I'll be if I'm still self-conscious about the length of my nose after the surgery.  I also have fears that I will just hate the final product completely, and I won't be able to get my old nose back.  The rational part of me knows that is extremely unlikely, considering I chose a good surgeon with plenty of experience.

What I am trying to convince myself is that it's not going to be perfect, nor do I want it to be.  A perfect nose would look silly on my imperfect face.  A tiny, button nose would not go with my strong jaw.  I will still be me, and I will still find flaws. But an improvement sure will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment