Monday, July 25, 2011

This is how much

Since I've already gotten emails asking about this, and since I intended for this blog to be a resource, this is the financial breakdown of my nose job.

Cost if I had paid cash: $4950
Cost if using a surgery loan company: $5099 (<--- my price)
Cost to book surgery: 10%

I knew I'd be financing my surgery, so I paid $510 to get me on the books the day of my consultation.  When I got home, I applied for financing through Care Credit, which is "a healthcare credit card that can be used as a payment option for certain expenses not covered by insurance or to bridge situations when desired care exceeds insurance coverage." (description from their website.)

Care Credit qualified me for $4200, so the next day at my pre-op appointment, I went in with the credit documentation and paid the remaining $390 in cash.  I chose a 24 month payment plan, so my monthly payment including 14.9% interest will be $203.  The total cost over the life of the loan will be $4872.

Including the $900 I put down already and assuming I only make the minimum payment each month, the total cost of my surgery will be $5772.

When you Google, the average price of rhinoplasty is $3000-8000, so I think mine is reasonably priced for an experienced surgeon in Louisville, KY.

7 comments:

  1. I found your blog while researching my own rhinoplasty. I'm still in the planning stages but I was curious to see what your experience with CareCredit has been like. When I Googled CareCredit, I just read TERRIBLE reviews. What has your experience been like? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm so late on this response, but I have no complaints. I applied online, they instantly gave me a number based on income (I don't even they checked my credit) and I pay them. Easy peasy.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post. I wanna know how much it would cost for a revision Rhinoplasty? I heard that many cases require a revision after the primary one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting a nose job was a very scary thing for me. I knew my face would be different so I made sure to talk with my doctor about how it would change. we discussed changse both with the front view and from my profile. While I love my new nose, I have seen a lot of noses that look unnatural. I was lucky enough (and dedicated enough to do research!) to have a great doctor... and now great results

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think sharing your personal experience of surgery with everyone through the blog is such a nice thing because anyone who is planning for surgery , also visit such types of blog for more information about Rhinoplasty & feel confident.
    In India, Visit Rhinoplasty in Indore

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete