Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Pre-Op Appointment

Today I went back to the surgeon's office for my pre-operative appointment.  They told me yesterday as soon as I decided how I wanted to pay for my surgery to come back in and we'd take care of the rest of the pre-op stuff.  I went home and secured financing right away for about 82% of the total cost, so I went in today and paid the remaining 18% in cash.  I also signed the consent forms, and got pre- and post-surgery instructions, along with my prescriptions that I am supposed to fill before surgery.  You know how many prescriptions are involved in getting a nose job?  Six.  I assumed I would just be getting some pain pills!  Here are the drugs, in case you were wondering, and the directions for each.

Lyrica: This is an anticonvulsant indicated for the management of neuropathic pain. I will take one pill the morning of my surgery and one pill two times a day for 7 days after my surgery.

Tylox: This is the pain medication.  I will take one or two tablets every 3-4 hours as needed.

Phenergan:  This is a rectal suppository for nausea as needed, but I hope it won't be needed!  The prescription is for 10 though, so that makes me a little nervous.

Keflex: An antibiotic to fight infection.  I will take one pill 4 times a day for 5 days.

Robaxin: A muscle relaxer.  One tablet 4 times a day for 5 days as needed.

Zofran: An oral dissolving tablet for nausea.  I place it on my tongue and it dissolves.  I will take one before surgery and the other after surgery if I feel nauseous.

I also got two antimicrobial scrubby things that I'm supposed to use on my face the night before and the morning of surgery, and a list of things to have on hand after my procedure, which includes things like gauze, ginger ale, and light foods like soups, crackers, and yogurt.  I didn't speak to the doctor again today, so I haven't been able to tell him about my slight misgivings.  I have decided though, that I definitely want for him to reduce the tip of my nose just a little, as well as removing the bump.  I decided after very thoroughly examining my nose and poking, prodding, pushing, and bending it with my fingers, that even with the bump smoothed out, my nose would still be long, and if I'm going through with this, I want to be happy with the results.  I am planning on calling the doctor tomorrow and running this by him.

8 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment